Check this out. Custom built sump

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had John from Advanced Acrylics build me this awesome sump. Wanted the colors to match my Reef Octopus Prime skimmer. This was also a test run, I'm gunna have him build me a matching sump for my 250g display tank. The dimensions on this sump are 28x18x16. 3x4" filter socks with recessed hole. The socks fit so much better with the recessed hole. There's probe holders, dosing tube holders, adjustable water level in skimmer section, lid for filter sock section.

Let me know what u guys think!! I've seen some custom built sumps from other company's, and honestly I don't get all the hype. This sump works so well, and is built like a tank. It's all hand made, acrylic is cut by hand. Plus I think these colors look so sweet together. Especially with the matching skimmer.

Here's a comparison to my old sump. No skimmer, I went with fuge and deep sand bed. Wasn't happy with results.

Still got messy wires everywhere, spent some time today and cleaned it up. Still got more work to do though

Tunze ATO

Here's a pic of the frag tank
l

Last edited by a moderator:

powdermonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cuz u know, a good looking sump is what matters in this hobby. ;)

You sound like my wife..lol She had a hard time understanding it wasnt about the look. Those are the colors I originally wanted myself to match my BK. Looks great and you are correct about the sock setup, works great!
Those insane corals deserve a worthy sump...

NY_Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have admired their custom sumps from a far and yours came out Awesome as well. I spoke with John the other day for my new build. He was great to deal with and I'll be placing my order soon enough. Good luck with it!

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have admired their custom sumps from a far and yours came out Awesome as well. I spoke with John the other day for my new build. He was great to deal with and I'll be placing my order soon enough. Good luck with it!

Thanks. Now that the sump has been running for awhile, I can say I'm super happy with how it works.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back