black friday deals to good to pass up?

crankbait09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

With black friday quickly coming up on us; has anyone witnessed any black friday ads in the past for aquarium equipment that was priced so low, it was hard to pass up??

one of the main items im looking for this black friday is a protein skimmer for a 130 gallon tank. Id love to get a nice one and not pay full cost.

anyone have any black friday info they can pass on associated with aquariums?

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd pay attention to what BRS does for sales. I got my skimmer and RO unit from them 2 Black Friday's ago. If you don't already, it wouldn't be a bad idea to sign up for their emails if only for the holiday season.

OP
OP
C

crankbait09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am signed up for them already!! I hope they have some sweet deals on skimmers. i will wait to see what i find.
thank you for the response!

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine Depot normally had deals as well. I bought a t5 fixture from there the last black friday and i got it at a steal

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too !
I want a skimmer and I've signed up weeks ago. They have had pretty good deals all month and I'm looking forward to next weeks sales.
I usually buy from BRS, so I'm watching them also.

COME ON DEALS !!! :bigsmile:

OP
OP
C

crankbait09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been receiving some emails from marine depot for for 20% off skimmers and what not. In years past, has anyone ever seen better deals than that or is that the best of it? If so then I wont wait. Havent received much from BRS either. At least not for skimmers

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only see 15% ,site wide, not just off for skimmers.

Last edited:

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vertex skimmer sale at BRS is crazy right now...

The 180i I just bought is $320 from normal $500. Lucky I bought it around 10 days ago and their service was good enough to give me store credit for the difference. Whew.

Last edited:

Thunderfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm picking up my first sw tank from petsmart on black Friday. All ensembles are half price. Going to get 75g tank, stand, and led for $250. Hoping to drill it with glass-holes kit and build my own sump. I'll be watching for skimmer and pump sales from somewhere also.

bmoore92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm picking up my first sw tank from petsmart on black Friday. All ensembles are half price. Going to get 75g tank, stand, and led for $250. Hoping to drill it with glass-holes kit and build my own sump. I'll be watching for skimmer and pump sales from somewhere also.
Make sure you research the led you're getting. I don't think petsmart sells any fixtures worth putting on a 75. just a friendly word of advice.
Now to the OP, I would wait to see what BRS does. They have had some pretty darn good deals so far on items that most consider necessary for a reef tank so I would be shocked if they don't throw a skimmer out there for cheap!

Thunderfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bmoore92 the led that comes with it is just the regular marineland single bright which is not good enough for a reef tank. I was told by lfs that is very well thought of for saltwater it is good enough for the first month or longer while my tank cycles since I am using mostly dry rock. I was told that it would be a couple months before I could start thinking about adding coral and that's when I would need a better light. I plan on getting good t5 light and either using the one that comes with it for my sump or on my granddaughters red eared slider habitat.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to buy a new 125 gallon glass tank. Anybody heard of great Black Friday specials ?

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PetSmart's tank/stand combos are going to be 50% off

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in a petsmart here and they have a 120g set that is normally $630. So it will be half of that.
Yep! I know the one I work at has a Marineland 75g set that will be $250

Thunderfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the one I am getting. I tried to talk then into letting me get out early so I didn't have to get out on bf. It was a no go.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back