Ato's

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure UPLC-II. The multiple levels of safety and adjustability make it tops in my book.

Higher Thinking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying a Tunze from BRS today because they are having a special. Normally 210, but on sale for 147. Plus use the code BRSC14 and save 5 bucks. I've been researching for weeks and have settled on the 3155 based on reviews and (because of the sale) price.

The jbj can be shipped for 80 which is good, but has had some negative feedback. More good stuff had been said than otherwise, but still. Hydor is in the same boat, but it's a couple bucks more expensive.

There is also autotopoff.com. You can get a double switch setup shipped for 60 bucks and they have had great reviews. The only drawback is the unit is very basic.

The 3155 comes with everything you need, plus the price is currently better than ever.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at how large the Tunze system is in your tank compared to the Spectrapure. Then take a look at the ease of programming, the peristaltic pump it comes with and the adjustability and you may change your mind.
Auto Top-Off System - UPLC-II

http://spectrapure.com/manuals/UPLC-II-PF-REV-A.pdf

It pumps up like 65 feet vertically from a basement of sucks from 35 feet below if your storage is in the basement and sump on the main floor. My storage is in my garage 35 feet from my tank and its been flawless for over 6 years now.

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
autotopoff.com. Basic and I like that. They have single and double switch models; in sump or in tank models too.

wrongpolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the Smart ATO system. Pretty simple and is a complete kit as well and takes up very little real estate. Only thing is you have to have clear sides on the sump for it to work.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tunze and spectra pure are 2 I'm trying to decide between. Couple guys from local reef club recommends spectra pure too.
Thanks everyone for the info

Higher Thinking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at how large the Tunze system is in your tank compared to the Spectrapure. Then take a look at the ease of programming, the peristaltic pump it comes with and the adjustability and you may change your mind.
Auto Top-Off System - UPLC-II

http://spectrapure.com/manuals/UPLC-II-PF-REV-A.pdf

It pumps up like 65 feet vertically from a basement of sucks from 35 feet below if your storage is in the basement and sump on the main floor. My storage is in my garage 35 feet from my tank and its been flawless for over 6 years now.

That definitely looks legit. Like I said though, at 145 bucks, the Tunze is tough to beat. 230 is definitely getting crazy high for an ato. The strength of the pump is amazing, but that is only necessary for people that are pumping water from multiple stories. Even your setup doesn't need something that strong since your moving water horizontally. The biggest appeal for this unit has gotta be that 5 year warranty.

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Autotopoff.com
Mine has been working flawlessly for over 5 years, but less than 8. Really don't remember when I got it. Its been a long long time though.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price definitely plays a big role in my decision, and the tunze has that right now.
My reservoir will be under in my stand. Looks like the tunze is my best bet

Sean minor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just run a float valve in the sump straight off your RODI, simple been doing it for decades with not 1 problem. Whole set up $25

Kyuss414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use the autotopoff.com dual float switch unit as well. I also have it on a timer for another level of redundancy, so two float switches and a timer would all have to fail in the on position for it to dump my whole ATO container in the tank, which is good since it holds about 28 gallons.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ato arrived and I have it set up.
the pump on light is on. I thought the level light was supposed to be on.
seems to be functioning

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back