Dosing pump

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking its time for a dosing pump. Looking at the BRS 2head for dosing 2part. Any yays or nays on it? I also have looked at the controlled master and slave type units but with plans for a system controller down the road that seems like an expense I don't need as the controller will do that for me right?
Any input would be great. Have wanted one for years and am finally sick of manual doseing

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm jumping on this thread as well.

I've had the BRS ones in the past, they were OK for me. Either I didn't know what I was doing or i had two defective pumps, but they would sometimes lose the liquid on the intake line and always have air in the output lines giving me inconsistent doses.

Was looking into a Bubble Magus, vertex or another all in one unit.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't use them for calcium and alkalinity, Ive used two of the BRS 1.1 ml per min dosers for vinegar and liquid fish foods for several years without a problem, except I've had to replace the interior tubing on each once. :)

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still can't belive everyone is not running a jebao doser.....

Please for future doser buyers... get it!!!

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the price Randy. Most people don't want to be the first ones in case they go crazy. You won't see alot of people jump on them for awhile. The are to new and if they go bad really bad things can happen. I hope it is great. I already has 4 brs dosing pumps so I have no need for it. The one thing I do hate about the brs dosers if you don't have a apex you have to buy the timers they sell. They have 8 on and 8 off times. 1 timer takes up the space of a 4 way outlet. The timers are bulky. I think only 2 will fit on a normal strip

OP
OP
Rob Top1

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the price Randy. Most people don't want to be the first ones in case they go crazy. You won't see alot of people jump on them for awhile. The are to new and if they go bad really bad things can happen. I hope it is great. I already has 4 brs dosing pumps so I have no need for it. The one thing I do hate about the brs dosers if you don't have a apex you have to buy the timers they sell. They have 8 on and 8 off times. 1 timer takes up the space of a 4 way outlet. The timers are bulky. I think only 2 will fit on a normal strip
I can't use a standard household timer?

OP
OP
Rob Top1

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't use them for calcium and alkalinity, Ive used two of the BRS 1.1 ml per min dosers for vinegar and liquid fish foods for several years without a problem, except I've had to replace the interior tubing on each once. :)
Why not for two part? Low demand meet by kalk or some other reason

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yep, that's it. Sheer value proposition, 30 dollars per head and it has excellent programming capabilities. Been running mine for months, great results.

graphicluis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually tried the Jebao 4 Channel one. Cheapest dose around and it's safe to say i've had it for almost a year and no problems. It's very accurate and i'm surprised by the results. Customer service is good for me too whenever I have questions.

akitareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the DP4. Easy to program and super cheap. I have read that the dosing is not precision, that's its off a little here and there (someone tested and measured repeatedly). If mine is not perfect, I haven't noticed. I still test 1x per week to ensure lvls are correct and I can adjust if needed, its doing its job. If money grew on trees, I'd have a Vertex and an Apex.

After 3 years of hand dosing, I'm glad I retired

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rob Top1

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it looks like kalk will have to do. Was in a head on collision today and like the front of my car, my spare cash is now gone. Thank my Lord no one was seriously injured.

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it looks like kalk will have to do. Was in a head on collision today and like the front of my car, my spare cash is now gone. Thank my Lord no one was seriously injured.

Yikes! Sorry to here but glad everyone was alright.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back