Coralife Super Skimmer, anyone spell out the good and bad?

crankbait09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As my signature states, I have a 130 gallon tank, completely empty, that i am trying to buy things as i go along. With the skimmer being one of the expensive items needed, I am hoping for some black friday steals that i can hop on, so i can remove the skimmer off my list.

I came across this one from Foster and Smith. Aquarium Protein Skimmers: Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer
Can anyone tell me the good/bad of this skimmer that I should know about?

I was looking in the skimmer stickies, and did not see this skimmer reviewed. If I did in fact miss it, could you please provide me with a link?

thank you

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 220 sitting out in the weather. Probably never will set it up again. You can almost buy a new skimmer for the price of a suitable pump. On the other hand I've been running a 65g on my 55 gal. tank for 9 1/2 years, it's the second one though. Very happy with it after tiny modifications.

OP
OP
C

crankbait09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Enough said. I will keep shopping around and hope for the best. Thank you again

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Bulkreefsupply.com and Marinedepot.com for their skimmer sales. The Coralife can be made into a great skimmer but as stated it needs some help out of the box. Although I will say it was better than expected. Now Coralife cone skimmer is another story. Was really impressed by that one. Something to consider is the for sale forum. Good deals to be had there, I'm sure.

OP
OP
C

crankbait09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep checking those two sites daily. just looking for the "right" dollar amount

I also have the for sale forum set as a subscribed thread so i can see things as they are posted................

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back