help with mf 121/ skims 121 skimmer .. need pump, what should i get?

72xmulch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone familiar with these skimmers and their story knows but basically they were awesome skimmers with horrible pumps.. after replacing the impellor a few times i realized the faceplace that holds the impeller into the pump is cracked and wont hold it in straight, so it wiggles around eventually just stopping. i can almost get it working, or jump start it every few hours to every few days depending on a bunch of factors but i basically just stopped using it almost a year ago.. got busy, ignored the tank and now its all gross but still healthy so whatever... anyway, i NEED to get this skimmer working and am beyond broke.. it had the eden es2000 pump in it, what works in its place? thank you

Jayellul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It not that much more powerful. You can always dial back the air. I have a MF-161 prototype with an ES5000 pump. If you contact Warner Marine, Jon will tell you that the ES2000 turned out to be the only problem pump of the bunch. I was given the MF-161 to evaluate the ES5000 pump. This was one of the first 2 skimz built skimmers in the US. I admit I did dial back the air on the skimmer to get it to not overflow but it gave me years of reliable service.

If I could run a ES5000 on a MF-161, then you can much more easily run a ES2800 on a MF-121.

Here is a pic of it next to the MF-251

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back