Bubble magus curve 5 problems ?

J062682l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all thanks for checking it out , well it seems my skimmer is wet skimming like crazy it's actually filling the sump with bubble and skim mate not sure what to do. It sit in about 9 inches if water right now, and it's a brand new skimmer been running maybe 2 weeks , any advice is great I'm getting this tank up and running and I wanna get this right

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'll start with the obvious. Have you emptied the cup when it fills up? Have you turned the setting down to where the bubbles are about 1 inch into the neck?

TheNowMovement

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have the same Bubble Magus as you... but with mine, i never got dry skim... EVER! I am not very pleased... I adjusted everything for weeks and weeks... six months later the pump is shot and im having to buy a new skimmer!

My point being, and I hate to say this... maybe Bubble Magus just makes hit-or-miss equipment. But as for advice as to get at least a better skim out of it, dont do crazy amounts of adjustments at a time... find an adjustment that lets the bubbles sit just below the neck of the collection cup... After that, wait like 20 minutes or so and check back... If the bubbles havent moved, its not a bad thing... your skimmer is new so it may need a little more breaking in... Let the bubbles go for a day maybe, depending on how you feel... Im obsessive, so i checked it almost every time i looked at my tank... Use seriously, hair-like adjustments to the gate valve... It really is like finding the sweet spot... Thats the best I got... hope this helps some!

TheNowMovement

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you continue to keep pulling water, I suggest you drop it as low as you can and start from square one... which sucks... but its the only way i got mine to act half way decent.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine... I have the upgraded sicci pump in mine.... Try opening the flow all the way on the skimmer..... You do not have to have the foam head too high in the skimmer.

rufieling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having real trouble with mine and not dry skimming. The issue turned out to be where the water outlet is at the bottom, a small piece of the plastic had been cut but not removed meaning the water couldn’t escape. I removed it and it is working completely fine now.

rufieling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always had issues with my bubble Magnus and dry skimming. Tried all the methods I could but still nothing. Turned out the problem was that the water outlet had not been properly manufactured in the way that the plastic had been cut and not removed preventing the water to escape. I removed it myself and I worked perfectly fine after that. I don’t know if others have had that issue

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but are you turning the dial to adjust the water level. You can spin that dial all around past the 5 to adjust the water. I've had mine for a month now, and it took a lot of tinkering to get it the way I like.

I have rocks in my sump, a couple of times the rocks had clogged the intake valve on the skimmer and it created that fast overflow situation, so thats something else to look at.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but are you turning the dial to adjust the water level. You can spin that dial all around past the 5 to adjust the water. I've had mine for a month now, and it took a lot of tinkering to get it the way I like.

I have rocks in my sump, a couple of times the rocks had clogged the intake valve on the skimmer and it created that fast overflow situation, so thats something else to look at.
I’m sure he figured it out by now.. the threads 9 years old.. I’d hope anyways! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my bubble magus curve 7 intake STUCK to the body and I cant for the life of me disassemble it to clean it. any one encountered something similar? any tips?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my bubble magus curve 7 intake STUCK to the body and I cant for the life of me disassemble it to clean it. any one encountered something similar? any tips?
Grab it with some channel locks and twist it slightly to break the gunk seal lol..

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back