Light upgrade.

huntreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am looking to upgrade my existing light fixture for my 75 gallon reef. I am currently running a dual switch coral life fixture that has four 65watt bulbs 2 actinic and 2 white. I have had this fixture for years and one of the ballast seems to want to act up. I am really thinking about going to T-5 or LED. Looking for some advice. I mainly concentrate on soft corals and polyps. Toadstool Xenia ect. Not saying I wouldn't throw some hards in there eventually. I really don't won't to spend more than 300 on a new fixture. 200 would be even better. I am not real comfortable with LEDs yet so any info would be great. Thanks

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Current USA LED. I keep LPS & doing very well. Its features are great and its price.

OP
OP
H

huntreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that one really was thinking about that set up. Your happy with it? Is that the one with the remote with the 4 different light variations and the storm effects?

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my set-up it is really working well. I am really satisfied with it. Yes, comes with a remote. I hardly use the 4 light variations since there are Pre- sets Memory 1-5. If you do want these Pre-sets you may adjust it.

OP
OP
H

huntreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! I am really thinking about get it. Should I go with the 48"- 60" or do you think the 30-48 will be sufficient. I have a standard 75 gallon

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48" 1/2 I think for 75g; try out the 30-48" first or ask the seller then exchange it, if is not a hassle.

OP
OP
H

huntreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. So your satisfied with your coral growth and everything. I am so old school with compacts and t-5s. I hear a lot of different views on the LEDs but one of the big LFS have all their coral under LEDs now but they are some seriously pricy fixtures haha

OP
OP
H

huntreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you maybe send me a pic of how yours looks on your tank and just a shot of how it illuminate the water. You know the pics you see online for the products are all geared for sale and digitally enhanced!!! Haha

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am. Used to have a T5's but the replacement of the bulbs leads me to LED's. I enjoy this hobby but would never spend so much money for equipment also there are plenty sellers out there that are competitive. speaking of that, check out also Reef radiance one of my candidate too when I was in the market for LED's they have LED's from $160-200.00 and good reviews from this site.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you maybe send me a pic of how yours looks on your tank and just a shot of how it illuminate the water. You know the pics you see online for the products are all geared for sale and digitally enhanced!!! Haha
I will send you a pic when I get home later.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back