0   0   0
Bump...

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little video to add in the discussion... I have my own views but will wait to share.
[video=youtube;DL1RMKJE9EU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL1RMKJE9EU[/video]

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit surprised no one else has chimed in on this one?!?!?

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2cents... both have good options, both work well and perform in the manner expected, I have a POV DC2 same body style as the elite and a new EXT300. Is it "worth added cost" that's all depends are several factors, tank size, bio-load, budget, customer satisfaction, warranty, etc. in the end for me it all comes down to research and customer/owner reviews.

Last edited:

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used 2 skimmers and worked on a few others. The thing that would make me choose the elite over the regal is the gate valve. On my nwb110 the gate valve was touchy and the skimmer was prone to act up if the water level changed. On my NAC6, it has the valve like the elite and it's a lot more steady and easier to get the level adjusted with the wedge valve style.

That would be the tipping point on my scale for these guys.

OP
OP
A

Alwmh4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I thought this thread would produce a ton of response but it seems few really have an opinion. I've even contacted distributors about what really are the pros and cons? I'm glad I got people who have experience with the details of how these are made to help me make a choice. Elites are expensive and we all know it's a pricy hobby so saving money where it makes sense without compromising quality is of the utmost importance.

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I thought this thread would produce a ton of response but it seems few really have an opinion. I've even contacted distributors about what really are the pros and cons? I'm glad I got people who have experience with the details of how these are made to help me make a choice. Elites are expensive and we all know it's a pricy hobby so saving money where it makes sense without compromising quality is of the utmost importance.

win some/lose some...

It was nice to see the video to know exactly what was different. I think they are good at having a lot of choices and it's good to give the consumer a choice.

I'd like to see some data on the wine glass body vs the standard cone and how much it benefits.

Back