Maxspect Gyre XF-130 Owners thread

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still unsure if I like it, but then it's only been 12 hours. I don't like that I don't have as much control as I do with my MP10. I would like to be able to have it go to a lower power at night and back up during the day. I wish it was able to do more with the time settings such as program it to go forward for an hour then reverse for 5 minutes instead of the equal time settings.

I like being able to set one side to go forward and the other to push water the other way by changing out the paddles.

This is mine running in a Innovative Marine 30L. Since I took the video this morning I have changed the side near the sump to pull water in while the display side pushes the water forward across the tank. Really good flow with this thing.

[video=youtube_share;8WVvKbbYvJE]http://youtu.be/8WVvKbbYvJE[/video]

Last edited:

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the exact dimensions of your tank? That pump sure seems quiet. The flow looks great too. Why not just turn it down at night manually? I do that now with my WP10 & MP10 :)

sucker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still unsure if I like it, but then it's only been 12 hours. I don't like that I don't have as much control as I do with my MP10. I would like to be able to have it go to a lower power at night and back up during the day. I wish it was able to do more with the time settings such as program it to go forward for an hour then reverse for 5 minutes instead of the equal time settings.

I like being able to set one side to go forward and the other to push water the other way by changing out the paddles.

This is mine running in a Innovative Marine 30L. Since I took the video this morning I have changed the side near the sump to pull water in while the display side pushes the water forward across the tank. Really good flow with this thing.

[video=youtube_share;8WVvKbbYvJE]http://youtu.be/8WVvKbbYvJE[/video]
looks good. Just got one and will try out tonight. I'll switch if it is better than 2x mp10wes

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. I'll be using it on a bare bottom 40 breeder. I think the Gyre is really gonna benefit bare bottom tank owners by its ability to drag all the detritus off the bottom of the tank and carrying it up to the over flow. Im doing a leak test on my tank curently and temporarily installed it. Anything that was settled on the bottom of the tank got lifted up and carried to the top of the tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 509

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the exact dimensions of your tank? That pump sure seems quiet. The flow looks great too. Why not just turn it down at night manually? I do that now with my WP10 & MP10 :)

I agree with Nana. It takes about 5 seconds to adjust the flow rate on these things. Press the tool button/ turn the center knob to the desired flow/ press the tool button again. Done.

Last edited:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine this week!! :) I haven't been home to be able to set it up. Hopefully, I will be able to on Monday. :)

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a true Vortech fan up untill this point. Sorry to say my Vortech's are taking a back seat to the Gyre. I'll be placing 1 mp10 in the lower back corner opposite side of the gyre to boost the under tow in the rear of the tank. Not that the Gyre needs help but the mp 10 will help to flush out the bottom of the tank. No more siphoning bare bottom tanks!

Last edited:

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one sitting in the box still. Going to replace one of my mp40s with it and see how it does. I'll post back with pics, maybe video.

BradT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the gyre 130 on the innovative marine 30l? I'm getting ready to set up a 30l and have both mp10 and the gyre, up I. The air on which one to use.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold mine. The rubber grommet inside of the impellers chewed up after a few weeks of use. It was under warranty and the parts were replaced free of charge, but I just prefer tougher equipment.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rubber grommet inside of the impellers chewed up after a few weeks of use.

The design for the new-style impellers (with 4 vanes) has done away with the rubber grommets, much sturdier now.

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What mode power setting are you guys finding to be best? I just installed mine yesterday on a 36in tank. Currently have it running at 70% on a 10 second pulse.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold mine. The rubber grommet inside of the impellers chewed up after a few weeks of use. It was under warranty and the parts were replaced free of charge, but I just prefer tougher equipment.

Mine did the same thing after a couple of months.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What mode power setting are you guys finding to be best? I just installed mine yesterday on a 36in tank. Currently have it running at 70% on a 10 second pulse.

I'm running at 60% with about a 4 or 5 second pulse, if I turn it up higher it blows away all the sand at the far end of the tank. I might try setting the pulse for longer.

hotnickz07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60 % 4 sec reverse pulse. I just cant find weet spot for this thing.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running at 50% with constant mode, I have two in a 72gal and really like them.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back