DaStaCo Classic Calcium

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me more.............. who has used one or in use??

The DaStaCo calcium reactor is a fully atomized system and is the most user friendly system on the market today.
The de-aeration of the calcium reactor at regular intervals can be automised by means of an external digital time-clock of your own.

The DaStaCo calcium reactor is equiped with a central controller (Flow Control, incl CO2 control, alarm).
The latest central controller provides the following three functions:
1) Flow Control
The flow control regulates a dosing pump for calcium reactors.
This provides the user to dose extremely precise and in a very stable way the necessary calcium and bi-carbonates to the aquarium to compensate the consumption within the aquarium.
You mesure the Kh value in your aquarium, if it is necessary to increase the Kh, just turn the flow control knob to the right.
If it is necessary to decrease the Kh, just turn the flow control knob to the left.
It can't be more easy than that.

2) CO2 control
This automatically regulates the supply of CO2 regarding the need in the DaStaCo calcium reactor, and the Co2 supply is adjusted automatically if the water flow increases / decreases.
Our central controller replaces thus a pH controller and pH probe, so you can forget the work to calibrate Ph-probe's at regular intervals.

3) Alarm monitor
The DaStaCo is the only reactor in the world that monitors if the Co2 bottle is empty, and need to be re-filled.
In that case, the CO2 solenoid valve is automatically closed, otherwise the solenoid valve will stay open forever like with other calcium reactors.
The user is informed of this through a notification LED + loud acoustic signal.
The DaStaCo is the only reactor in the world that monitors if the circulation pump fails or is jammed/blocked.
In this case also the Co2 solenoid valve is automatically closed.
The DaStaCo is the only reactor in the world that monitors whether there is somewhere a leak in the CO2 flow to the reactor.
In this case also the Co2 solenoid valve is automatically closed.

uncle luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these available in the US now? Wetworks, how did you get you hands on one?

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had one in use on my 400 gallon system for over a year. Best piece of equipment I have. It is literally set and forget alk and calcium control. The alarm even allows you to ignore the CO2 tank since it alerts you (quite loudly) when the tank pressure drops. Not cheap by any means, but for a large tank, well worth it.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great guys, can you show us some pictures?
Most of us really have no idea how one looks like when in use.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard nothing but good things about DaStaCo reactors rock solid and worth every penny. @WetWorks looking forward to a thread on how you set yours up.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's mine in action:
3df0fccc90c115a8292e4acb520ca5b7.jpg

7425a7ec9a59e491fb80cf0bc6114e48.jpg

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang............. that looks like Rocket-science.

WetWorks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah its a pretty sweet machine. question for you guys running it... what is the schedule you use for merging the unit and what are you keeping your levels at?

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do exactly what the manual recommends for purging, I think it's 10 minutes one a day. I set my Apex to turn off the power at 7pm. As for level, mine is just above 2 which gives me alk of 8.2. I rarely test calcium because it is balanced with the alk. What media are you going to use?

WetWorks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i haven't decided on media it holds about 160 lbs so the recommended one would cost a fortune. what are you using?

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started with the ARM extra coarse then switched a few months ago to the Triton media. My reactor holds a little less than the big bucket of the Triton. It is much more expensive than the ARM, but it is very clean and seems to work a bit better. 160lbs?? That's a typo right?

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still solid as a rock. I clean the float valve every six months or so. Otherwise, I never touch it unless I want to adjust the alk level to compensate for increased uptake by the corals. I did manage to break off one of the drain valves trying to kill a black widow camped out below it, but glued it back with no issue.

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thank you for the reply. you are still using the original controller? what media are you using now and have you used in the past? happy with the current selection?

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm still using the original controller. I spoke with the manufacturer and we couldn't come up with a good enough reason to buy the new one. Still using the triton media. Seems to work as well as the ARM coarse. I switched only because of the fact that Triton tests the media to make sure there are no impurities. I'm not sure whether this is a waste of money or not but I like the peace of mind. Still happy with my decision.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back