How to grow corals

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright i am pretty much lost on growing my corals I've had corals for 6 months that have not even grown at all. I does with all the elements my water parameters are perfect and I have them under T5 lighting. What do people recommend on what else I should do and if I should get new lights. I also feed my corals oyster feast about two- three times a week and my light is a coralife 4 bulb and the lights were changed about 2 months ago

Squid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright i am pretty much lost on growing my corals I've had corals for 6 months that have not even grown at all. I does with all the elements my water parameters are perfect and I have them under T5 lighting. What do people recommend on what else I should do and if I should get new lights. I also feed my corals oyster feast about two- three times a week and my light is a coralife 4 bulb and the lights were changed about 2 months ago

Give as much detail on your setup as possible and everyone can better assist you.

OP
OP
B

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 75 gallon with two 75 gallon marine hang on filters 50 - 60 lbs live rock 90 lbs of live sand two 1150 hydro power heads

OP
OP
B

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three devil hands one toad stool 2 blastomas 2 Duncan's 1 colony of star polyps 1 flower pot 1 cabbage leather blue mushrooms 1 hammer 1 metallic torch 1 torch I also feed my coral oyster feast
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0 nitrate 0
pH 8.2
Salinity 1.025 I feed every two to three days

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. Thats not all the water params. Whats your Dkh, Cal, Mag? Youve got corals that need those elements. Devils Hand dont grow very fast, your Toadstool should be making progress though.

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And keep in mind some corals (soft corals and ehyllias) like dirtier water... Mine tend to grow really well at 10-25 nitrates...(though even when it gets up to 50 they are fine)

OP
OP
B

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cal is at 430
Magnesium is 1300
Dkh at 9 (161.1ppm)
Phosphate 0
Toad stool is about the same size as it was when I got it back in early February

OP
OP
B

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya actually I never dosed my aquarium and everything was great and had to elegance corals in there and they were massive then started dosing and they ended up not making it

OP
OP
B

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing calcium marine elements iodine coral acceleration coral vote and strontium and molybdenum

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you dosing all that stuff? Just do weekly water changes. You don't have enough corals in your tank to warrant all that stuff.
What Kelvin bulbs are you using for your T5s? The current corals you have could use a bit more Nitrates. Let them come up a bit, see what happens, around 10ish.

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree... You don't need to be dosing in a 75 as long as you are doing regular water changes... You don't have anything in there that's going to be sucking your numbers down...

OP
OP
B

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had tones of corals but I had a wipe out in my tank that wiped out over half of my corals and alright I'll try that I mean everything looks alright few things unhappy though. Just trying to get them to grow bigger is the problem and I am using the standard blues and also 10000k whites

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you got everything going ok. I'd try to stay away from dosing things that can't be tested, you don't know the poiint where its overdosed.

Dan1789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend had the same fixture and the same problem, he bought a better light system and problem gone. Not saying that is your problem but could help.

OP
OP
B

Betta-Chetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right I understand that but what light systems would yall recommend because I have tried the current usa orbit marine led do not like it also I have seen how kessel are at work and I really don't like thoses

reefjunkie53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1428901048.110448.jpg

reefjunkie53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using these guys for over a year and get great growth with them I love them for the price these are also the 165 watt ebay lights

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back