T5 advice

Kantgetrite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a 6 bulb T5 light fixture. I am replacing the bulbs and I want to know what people about this mix.

2 ATI Aqua Blue Special
2 ATI Coral plus
1 ATI Purple Plus
1 ATI Blue Plus

Thoughts? Suggestions?

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has different taste for colors that are used in their systems. My suggestion is to look at pics with this pattern of colors on fellow reefers tanks and make your decision. It looks like a good selection. I run 5 blue plus and 1 purple plus this go round and happy with color.

texasreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank look really white with that combo I did 3 blue 1 purple 1 true atinic 1 Aqua special

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 6 bulb I run 4 blue+, 1 coral+ and 1 purple plus. I'm not a big fan of the Aquablue special, seems to wash things out a bit in my opinion
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1429673003.210898.jpg

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with kschweer. AB special is super white and with 2 of them, it's going to wash everything out. I really like the 4 blue+, 1 coral +, and one true acticinc combo....it's blue, but that's what I was after. I prefer a more blue, 20k look in my tank.....err.....former tank,:sad:

The Kahnasaur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, the AB Specials are very white. The Coral + is also closer to a white bulb then blue. The Blue + has only slightly less PAR then the Specials so running either of them will get you your growth. I run 3 Blue+ and 1 Purple for a nice blue look. I might switch out the purple for an actinic to get more of a fluorescence pop, knowing that I'll lose PAR with the switch. In my opinion, the Coral+ is for setups that have fewer bulbs as it is a combo bulb. 1 Special is enough to make your tank look white regardless of the other bulbs so I wouldn't run 2. I'd also recommend dropping the Coral+ bulbs for Blue+. Drop both of the Specials if you want a blue look.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going for colors what they said is true. If you wanna grow corals like weeds then stick with your original combo.

Both coral plus and ab special will wash out the actinic pop. I have used several different bulb combo and I will have to say my favorite for growth and color has been 2 blue + and 1 pure actinic on one channel. 1 blue +, 1 coral +, and 1 ab special on the other channel. While both channels are on its white, but with just the blue channel on you get that actinic pop and good color.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 61.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.0%
Back