Skimmer Recommendations please

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started a new tank..around 200 gallons plus sump. Currently I have a Bubble Magnus Curve 9 skimmer. In my previous tank I had a Curve 7 and didn't really have too many issues with it. Now with this one, it is constantly overflowing, causing water to leak into my basement. It's not a ton of water at once, but overtime, if not caught, adds up. I've tried everything. The sump water level is basically always even and I have an ATO.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nac9 works good. Another you could look at is ther vertex series of omega skimmers

diablomaster9045

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are on the lower end, why are they more expensive then the NAC 9?

Different pump. The Curve uses a ROCK SP4000 and the Nac 9 uses an Atman PH4000. THe Atman is just a better pump and more reliable.

Now that I think about it, an Atman PH4000 should fit in a curve. Might be a better option than buying a whole new skimmer.

Just a side note: make sure the water level the skimmer is sitting in is between 9 and 10.5 inches. This is the #1 reason why a bubble magus skimmer is not working.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different pump. The Curve uses a ROCK SP4000 and the Nac 9 uses an Atman PH4000. THe Atman is just a better pump and more reliable.

Now that I think about it, an Atman PH4000 should fit in a curve. Might be a better option than buying a whole new skimmer.

Just a side note: make sure the water level the skimmer is sitting in is between 9 and 10.5 inches. This is the #1 reason why a bubble magus skimmer is not working.

Then wouldnt the NAC be more expensive?

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine used to be at 10" started having issues raised to between 8-9" does fine now

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back