Rebuilding Tom's Aqualifter

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tom's Aqualifter that I use for my ATO died today. This pump was purchased in 2007 and started out as the pump for the external overflow before being used for the current ATO system. So running for eight years, I can't complain. Now I have a back-up Aqualifter, but also have a little rebuild kit that I picked up from BRS a number of years ago. Here's the kit next to the opened pump.

IMG_1055_zps7wmrtcq2.jpg

I never took close notice of this rebuild kit, and just thought it was the two diaphragms. However, after opening up the kit I found that it also contained new pump chamber parts....everything to make the pump new again. Here's the rebuilt pump head with the old parts that were replaced spread out next to the pumphead.

IMG_1056_zpsrcpyodul.jpg

So I'm really impressed with this rebuild kit. I originally purchased this form BRS a number of years ago and just looked it up......it sells for $2.39 today. I'd highly recommend this little kit if you own an Aqualifter. Within 30 minutes that pump was up and running again.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, this is awesome. I have two broken ones lying around. I am all over this!!! Who Knew????

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, great. I saw the video of it from BRS also

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back