do I have any options?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the 14k Phoenix are a bit too much for my tank so I'm thinking of trying a 20k bulb.... what 20k bulbs are out there that will work good with EVC Tech electronic ballast... oh yeah, I'm looking for a 250w bulb...

Thanks again...

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
xm 20k's are by far my favorites, they make my entire display glow and they get great growth out of them too

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used xm 20k's in the past and really liked them. What makes you think the 14's are to much?

cool... I was leaning towards the XM 20k's.. oh yeah, DE bulbs.. :)

for the week and a half I had the tank fully exposed to the new light, most were unhappy and the only ones that seems to be taking it good are the ones on the sand bed... my tank is only 18" high and the pendant is about 8"-10" from the water surface.. yikes! so I'll try the 20k XM's and see if they get better... I also would love to have better coloration on my palys and I know that 20k's will help with that... I've heard very good reviews on the 20k XM's both SE and DE so I really want to try them out.. and for $65 over at HelloLights.com, I think that's not bad at all...

do you guys mind posting pics of your tank w/ 20k XM's DE's?

Thanks again guys..

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what 20k bulbs are out there that will work good with EVC Tech electronic ballast....

that's the ballast I'm using...

Gift_5.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back