How do I lower the alk coming out of my reactor?

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alk keeps going up and my calcium keeps going down. Right now I am doing 30 BPM and dripping 25 ml/m. Do I raise my bubble count to bring the pH down to get more calcium less alk?

My alk is 12.8 and my calcium is 425

reefdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they come out of the reactor equally. you can't reduce the alk coming out but you can reduce the overall output.

take the cax offline for a couple days (as necessary) until your alk gets where you want it, balance the ca level, then put the cax back online.

OP
OP
Z

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already did that, I get my levels where I want them and then when I bring the cax back online my calcium drops and my alk shoots up.

Pigpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might I make a suggestion , get a decnt ph conroller , you are flying blind with trying to count bubbles . please dont take this as being rude but you want some degree of accuray out of this peice of equiptment and you will not het it counting bubbles . I will not go into why this is a waste f time but it is . please post of pictures of yur reactor and I will try and get you fixed up but you will need to get a ph contoller to get any degree of accuracy .

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back