What mode are you using on your Vortech?

What mode are you using on your Vortech

• Constant Speed More (Green)

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • EcoSmart TSM (Purple)

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • EcoSmart NTM (Purple 2)

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Lagoonal (Yellow)

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • ReefCrest (Yellow 2)

Votes: 82 52.9%
  • Short Pulse ( Blue )

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • Long Pulse ( Purple )

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm interested in what modes every one is using with there Vortechs. Please when you vote say what you voted and what kinda tank you have. Also feel free to say why you use that mode.

Ill start I Use Two MP10w ES on my 100 cube on ReefCrest on opposite sides. I have no real reason why i use reefcrest other then I like the more random current. I also use one Tunze pushing down the back keeping most the BB Detritus and what not afloat or in a easy pile to suction out.

cay85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120gal. mostly sps tank.( I should say going back to sps ) my dim. are 4'x2'x2'. I use a 40w on short pulse because I like the sway back and forth. I want to know if a 60w would be too much for this tank? or should I just get another 40w because it is not enough flow for me and is very loud. I have had it for 3 or 4 years, and seems like it gets louder the older it gets. also not quite as much flow as when I first got it. For the price I would like it to last 20 years. That said I would get another. I guess I am hooked on ecotech pumps!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a MP20 and a MP40 on my 75g. This will change this weekend hopefully when I do my tank swap to my 120g.

The MP40 is on reef crest and the MP20 is on short pulse.

reefsmokinFOOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 MP10's. I am using the WXM mudule on my APEX to control them. I am using all modes at different times of the day. That WXM module is an amazing piece, its the better half for the Vortech pumps.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120gal. mostly sps tank.( I should say going back to sps ) my dim. are 4'x2'x2'. I use a 40w on short pulse because I like the sway back and forth. I want to know if a 60w would be too much for this tank? or should I just get another 40w because it is not enough flow for me and is very loud. I have had it for 3 or 4 years, and seems like it gets louder the older it gets. also not quite as much flow as when I first got it. For the price I would like it to last 20 years. That said I would get another. I guess I am hooked on ecotech pumps!
a 60 would blow your tank away!!!! Don't do it man I just got some 60s an I got a 220 it's crazy, crazy flow!!!!! I mean you could run one but it would have to be turned all the way down..... @7500gph your tank would be a mess lol....

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw I run reefcrest mode.... With the new ones I might switch it up since I'm tired of hearing the motors race like a NASCAR track lol...... It's gotta reek havoc on the pumps, I'm surprised they hold up as well as they do....

cay85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a 60 would blow your tank away!!!! Don't do it man I just got some 60s an I got a 220 it's crazy, crazy flow!!!!! I mean you could run one but it would have to be turned all the way down..... @7500gph your tank would be a mess lol....

ok thanks I will get another mp40. I just saw a video from the ocean and the flow was more than I could have imagined. I guess we can't be breaking coral and rocks off, with flow, and hurling them through the end of the tank. LOL.

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had an MP-10 ES for about 6 weeks now, and I've been running it on NTM so far. After programming it with a "saved" wave fine tuned in short pulse mode. I figured that I should probably at least try out one of the Ecotech fancified "EcoSmart" programmed operational modes, as the NTM sounds pretty practical, and i like the built-in variation. It's done wonders for all the corals in my tank, especially the SPS, although it certainly does seem to keep the fish on their toes. :squigglemouth:

reefer916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use a MP10 ES on Reefcrest mode in my 24 gallon. I like it because of it's random flow and my sps love it. I just bought a MP40W 2nd generation that I'm going to be using in my 45 gallon Oceanic Tech tank. I'm not sure if I'm going to use both the MP10 and MP40 or just use the MP40. I need to get the tank put together and I'll let you know my experience.

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put down purple because thats whats on right now but normally I use Yellow
[YOUTUBE]Db4ix7Ysv3s&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
watch the LEDs dance :xd:

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 120. I use 2 MP 40's on reefcrest because i like the randomness :nerd:

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a mode that's a bit less sand-stirring than the rest? I just put a Vortech MP-10ESw on my new Elos MIDI 36G, and the sand duststorm is really annoying, even on the lower settings. Granted my sand may be a bit finer than most, but there has to be some way to put the brakes on all the dust that's getting stirred up.

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can probably move the head 1 or 2 inches higher. I'll try that and see what happens. Vortech has been turned waaaaay down in the meantime, as the dusty turbulence had been robbing my corals of life-giving photons

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back