The Majano Wand (Semi Review)

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was pretty excited about this thing coming in. I have used it a couple of times and it seems to work but the aiptasia needs to be liquefied in order for it not to come back. The bigger ones need multiple sessions. My only real problem is that it is tough to get into the cracks and crevices in order to fully get them gone. Overall i dig it and hope to figure out a better technique using it. It says not to leave the button pushed continuously but i feel like that is the best way to get it gone. I am also curious about the left over bubbles and whether they should be removed. I am guessing these questions are probably better for Paul B.

So does anyone else have it or use it?? Any tips or suggestions?

Here are some pics. I will continue to update with some vids and pics of it in action.

wandf.jpg

wand2v.jpg

wand1.jpg

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used mine on one aphasia and in a month there were 100's. The copper banded saved my day.

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. i'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these but i wanted to see post results. anyone with pics and results would be appreciated!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the initial update and review. I hope to never have need of one and will definately be diligent in curing my rock!

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
110% serious. Seems to work on mojano but I would stay clear of aps unless you can get 100% of it no questions asked.

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that is a downer about the Aptasias. On the plus side it did also work well on my green mushrooms and zenias for what its worth.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the initial update and review. I hope to never have need of one and will definately be diligent in curing my rock!

Unfortunately, aiptasia are very hardy and will live through the curing process!

CJ

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isnt always true,ive had several CBB's and not one of them ate them.they are known to eat them but dont always do.
really??? i have had 3 of them in my days and all of them loved the aiptasia.... my last one ate all my feather dusters all my aiptasia and my clams then he went after my acans and zoos so i finally caught him and he's gone now!!!!!

SeeingGreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down side to them is that, if you take them out, the aptasia come back. They seem to just graze on them... not kill outright.

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My CBB did more then graze. He has ate every last one and all feather dusters too. Now he eats black worms like candy and is fat and happy.

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually bounced around the idea of a Copperband Butterfly. I will continue to see if i can get this thing to work but if not it will be berghia or CBB time.

clarky2120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have used one of the "zappers" and it killed them, but I can't get to all of them and need something a little more effective.

what about using berghia nudibranchs? Anyone tried these?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one from PaulB a few months back and it has a limited impact on Aiptasia IME, so I've continued t use kalk paste. I haven't had a problem with them popping up everywhere though. The wand does work wonders on mushrooms, yellow polyps, xenia, and anthelia though. It's payed for itself just by killing off the invasive stuff. If only I could get it to kill GSP, then I'd be all set!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back