Elos or reef savvy aquarium

reefcandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guy i am think to upgrade my 50gallon to 90 or 110 max i have look and search all over the web looking a nice aquarium that get my eyes on it is wast elos or reef savvy but i still get my mine make up yet the elos thank is nice high end but the price is over kill and the reef savvy is a custom make is a very nice tanks also but i dont know what is the price goan be and there is not much to search on reef savvy aquarium online so is how many member on r2r have the reef savvy aquarium and elos aquarium if u have can u please post some pic on here so i can look at thanks.

florida reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's Up!

If it were me I'd probably go with a reefsavvy aquarium. I like the idea of a custom aquarium and getting exactly what you want. I've seen one of their tanks in person and it is awesome. You can go to their website and fill out a inquiry form to get a price estimate. Here is the link: Request a Quote | Reef Savvy

Also, if you want to see extensive pictures of their aquariums they have a Facebook page. Browse through there and take a look at some of their work. Hope I helped you out! BTW, where are you from?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw the Reef Savvy tanks in person at MACNA and spoke with the owner/builder. I must say the quality of the tank they had was a hair better than my miracles tank. I would go with the Reef Savvy tank.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a brand new reef savvy tank for sale on this forum. You should check it out

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the Reef Savvy tanks in person at MACNA and spoke with the owner/builder. I must say the quality of the tank they had was a hair better than my miracles tank. I would go with the Reef Savvy tank.
i am in between Miracls and reef savvy and cant make up my mind:)) leanning towards RS and then so many people happy with Miracles so i am confused:)
can you tell me what is the different you noticed ?

thank you <Mike

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The edges of the RS were completely polished where the Miracles were not. They look cloudy in some parts and clear in others. Mostly all cloudy. Also there were a few small bubble places in a couple spots on the seam.

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it.. how about overflow box , did you notice any major differences?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No they both looked really good as far as I could tell.

UFreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 4x4x2 reef savvy this year and the quality is the best of any tank I have seen in person. His prices are fair, much cheaper then what Miracles quoted me, but be prepared to wait awhile for it to arrive. Mine took 6 months

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I spoke with Felix at MACNA and he is very passionate about his work and his tanks.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with Reef Savvy...

Love my Miracles tank...but the process of getting it was a total nightmare, I think their quality control is lacking. My first tank was sent out covered in hard water stains that I couldn't remove (the product they sent to "fix" it hazed the glass and made the problem worse), it was so bad they decided to build a new aquarium. They let me sell the old one, which barely made up for all the costs I incurred pickup/moving the tank.

My new tank is decent, but it has a single tiny bubble in the glass on one of the panes, which is only really visible when the glass is freshly cleaned. One of the seams also has a lot of air bubbles in it, which apparently happens a lot of with big tanks.

In they end they did a really good job trying to correct the issue, but it was so frustrating and time consuming on my part that I would never choose them again.

Jmonks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Felix makes awesome tanks, well worth the wait IMO. He built WWC new show tank, it is unbelievable.

ReefDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have personally seen a bunch of tanks that reef savvy has built and the craftsmanship is always dead on.
From what I have been told his customer service is great. Both tanks are great. From what I read about the Elos tanks people love them. Good luck with your decision.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back