Kati Ani filters pros and cons

bigmikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a new water purifier that doesn't make alot of waste water. Just curious if anyone has one of these and if you think its worth it or not? Thanks in advance

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a brand name? Or is that short for cation and anion? the resins used in the DI part of an RO system.

OP
OP
B

bigmikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess thats what its called. Its the filter system they sell on readyaquatics or the filter guys. It is basically the di part of a ro unit on a bigger scale from what ive read.

Last edited:

ReadyAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the top 3 Q's we get asked about the Kati Ani

Here are the top 3 Q's we get asked about the KA.

Frequently asked questions (and answers) related to Kati/Ani

How much water can I expect to get between recharges?
60-75 gal per 200-250 incoming TDS. The frequency of water production and increasing incoming TDS decrease the time between recharges.

Reasons for Kati/Ani over other purification systems.
There are no filters to buy. KA requires minimal waste water (only during recharge). Outgoing TDS with the Kati/Ani system is the lowest available.

Why does water made with this system need to be aerated for 12hrs prior to use?
Kati/Ani strips the water of all cations and anions so well that aeration is needed to replenish the water back to sustainable O2 levels, while increasing pH.

Here is a link to our Kati Ani Systems available
Kati Ani Deionizers | ReadyAquatics.com
Hope this Ads A little insight.
Joe ReadyAquatics.com

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into the hazardous chemicals required and the amount of water it takes to recharge the resins. Also remember you will probably never be able to recharge the resins to more than maybe 80-90% strength as its not easy to do at home, when its manufactured they use heat and other processes. I would pass unless and only if your incoming tap water has a TDS of less than 50 ppm. DI resin without pretreatment (RO membrane which does 90-98% of the work) does not last long and there are things DI will not remove just as there are things a softener, carbon or RO do not remove, it really takes all four processes to work effectively. There is no substitute for RO/DI.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back