Who saw the Orphek PR-72 pendant at MACNA and what were your thoughts?

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all just curious as to who actually saw this light first hand at MACNA and what if any thoughts did you have on this particular unit?
I like that it's a PAR38 design but uses many more LED's W/ 120deg optics and is also dimmable with a remote mounted meanwell driver

I would really appreciate anyone and everyones thoughts on this light as it may be a viable option for me for a tank I am thinking of setting up, I like that it seems to give a much better look to the tank than current PAR 30 and PAR 38 bulbs as I really DONT like the spotlight effect those particular bulbs give off on most tanks

FWIW here is a link to the article on Aquanerd, the only thing they DONT mention that I hope someone who was at MACNA can chime in on was the price of the unit

Orphek PR-72 LED Pendant Shines at MACNA | AquaNerd

Last edited:

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw it and a buddy won one in the raffle. I have seen it running (not over a tank) and the light it puts out looked really good. It looked like a nice metal halide light. Very bright with a nice light blue tint to it.

OP
OP
T

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw it and a buddy won one in the raffle. I have seen it running (not over a tank) and the light it puts out looked really good. It looked like a nice metal halide light. Very bright with a nice light blue tint to it.
Cool thank you, I dont want something that is TOO blue, I want a nice crisp 20K look to it, Is it possible for your buddy to post a review of the one he won at MACNA?

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't over a tank and I'm not sure if it will be. The color to me was closer to a 14k maybe even 10 depending on what. From what I have noticed yellow (like the sun) is 4200k and white is 6300k so blue starts around 8000k.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back