Ultra Algae X

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rocride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a few questions about dosing Fauna Marin Algae X.I have read the directions and as much information that's kickin around online but can't find exact answers regarding Anemones and Media.I have a 500ml bottle which I plan to do 10 doses over 20 days.

Is it safe for a Long Tentacle Anemone?

Do I need to take Bio Pellets/GFO/Carbon offline?

For a 200g TWV system it would be 40ml every second day?
Is it common for users to go with half doses?

Would 3 ATI blue+ and 1 ATI Coral+ T5HO for 5-6 hrs a day be suitable lighting? (dosing after lights out)

Thanks

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hI

Yes it is safe for Anemones and yes you need to remove every kind f adsorbers filters or others things like Ozone and UV, only the Skimmer must work
The Dosing must be exact as ossible to much or to low wll not work
Light is ok
rgds

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about GFO im currently on my 9 treatment and have been using GFO after my tenth or eleventh treatment should I wait 2 days before a water change

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bugger

Wait with all for 2 days after that you can run the tank as before also with carbon or GFO

rgds claude

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went threw the whole process the stuff dident work on my algae.

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this product still in production? I heard from a couple people that production stopped due to nonavailability of a certain component.

Is the Fauna Marin Dino X the new product to replace this? Is it as effective, or better?

Thanks,
Evan

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this product still in production? I heard from a couple people that production stopped due to nonavailability of a certain component.

Is the Fauna Marin Dino X the new product to replace this? Is it as effective, or better?

Thanks,
Evan

Bump. Anyone there?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Our new product which replaces Algae X is called Dino X. It is the same product which now also removes dinoflagellates.

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broke down and ordered some last week from Germany. Shipping cost me more than the product - but the success rate I've seen with it should be well worth it. When will FM start distributing it to the USA?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do currently distribute to the USA. Bulk Reef Supply is one of the online shops where you can find our products. At the moment, we are in the process of making some improvements which will allow for improved product availability in the USA. I should have more news in the upcoming weeks.

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with someone from bulk reef supply, they said "it will still probably be a few weeks until we see it back in stock." That was on April 22nd.

I guess they didn't even know that it was switching from Ultra Algae X to Dino X. I would rather get rid of the dino's sooner than later, so that's why I ordered from Germany. I have high hopes.

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Claude,

I've begun dosing this evening. Followed the manual.

But, I do have a question about lighting... I have an 8 bulb t5 fixture. 2 blue bulbs come on at 10am and turn off at 7pm. The other 6 six bulbs are on from 11:30am to 5:30pm. What would you recommend my lighting be like as I go through the dosing process?

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EVMIBO,let us know how the product works for you. Lots of people are haveing trouble with DINO'S. Myself inciuded. Bugger said it did'nt work for him. So maybe a product review thread for dino X.?

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had good luck using the algaeX on my hair algae and bryopsis problem, I am not sure about the DinoX as I havent had a returned problem as of yet. The one thing I did that may have helped the algaeX to work was removing the hair algae as much as possible before I started treatment....just a thought.

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EVMIBO,let us know how the product works for you. Lots of people are haveing trouble with DINO'S. Myself inciuded. Bugger said it did'nt work for him. So maybe a product review thread for dino X.?

I will let you know how this goes and potentially start a new thread if needed.

Bugger ran GFO the whole time, which will prevent it from working properly. I am not surprised it didn't work. You're supposed to take carbon, gfo, and other absorptive media like zeo rocks offline. It clearly states it in the manual.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 127 59.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.4%
Back