baby seahorses

Angel2626

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, sorry this will be a useless post as far as info goes. I just wanted to say that I would love to see that pic! I want to get a seahorse for my nano!
Good Luck with the babies!

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick, I recently did some photography for a person who is making a serious attempt to raise seahorses. Based on what she does, if you have babies and are asking what to feed them, you aren't in any position to keep them alive. She feeds rotifers, freshly hatched baby brine, and then weans them to mysis. She feeds at least twice a day and does daily water changes in her tanks. One batch of babies she was raising were in a fish bowl in an aquarium with circular water flow to keep them from getting trapped in corners. Once they are big enough to hook onto something they get moved. It seemed like a rather involved operation, but she is having success. Note that I'm offering this information based on three hours of observation and discussion. I've never kept seahorses and know just slightly more than I've shared. Raising babies might be "easier" with different species.

If you're seriously interested in raising seahorses, you might spend some time at:
www.seahorse.org

Based on my limited exposure to this aspect of the hobby, if you're not serious about raising babies, you won't have any success. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I hope I've helped.

Gary

OP
OP
rick van vladricken

rick van vladricken

spsman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to give a update on my babies lost 2 the first night. Feeding baby brine, tigerpods and i have swarms of mysis babies in the corners of my refuge that i`m sucking up. I see alot of the babies eating them. I drill some holes in the sides of my cylinder and hung it inside my tank so some water flow throw it. Still have to get soom pic. tonite i hope thank you for all the help.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing the picture! Hoping you have continued success with raising these little ones!!

Emc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What species seahorse are you breeding?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.5%
Back