Clownfish how to make a pair????

ottar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I´m new on this forum and wonder if anybody can tell me how to make a bredding pair of any Clowns....I have read the most about how to do but yet I have not read about if it´s a good idea to by several Clowns, for example six (6) to have a better chance to make one pair???? Thanks for your suport.
Benny Sweden

kandymann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a couple possible ways. You can buy a large single clown (3-4") and add a small clown (1-1.5") and that usually gives you a male and female or simply buy a trio of small clowns and let them duke it out to attain female dominance. This is how I do it.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hvae had great success by having a larger mature clown and then adding the smallest one possible with her. this has worked 3 out of 3 times for me.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Van Wilder would say "Candles, Massage Oil and Barry White" but that doesn't apply to fish...lol.

The process of placing a larger clown in first then exposing that clown to a significantly smaller one has worked for me. Also I have just bought two clowns and they duked it out for dominance and made a pair...

thedasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I assume you are interested in breeding them since you posted in the breeding forum. If you take a few clowns and have them pair on there own then it may take at least a year till they start breeding. What I did was pair a previous breeding female which I got from a local breeder and paired it with a much smaller clown. After about 4 months, they were breeding.

OP
OP
O

ottar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Lucky you and thank you very mush for the information, I hope I find what you have find and get a pair, time will tell
Al The Best from Sweden

OP
OP
O

ottar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and thank you for Charing you experience with me and congrat to your sucsess
Al the best from Sweden

Back