Welcome to Reef Forum R2R
+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member Reef Keeper 18 is on a distinguished road

Question Australian latezonatus Clownfish breeding...

Anyone know anything about breeding the Australian Latezonatus Clownfish (Pair)
    (Amphiprion latezonatus) $799.99 found them on divers den and heard from some1 that there is good money in breeding them.... idk about that with such a pricetag on a pair that might not even be good for breeding. Just wondering if this is the type of clown I should aim to breed. Thanks

Fish Hoarder
    btkrausen is on a distinguished road
    With them being the "rare" clowns right now, if you could get a breeding pair and raise them, you could make good money if that was your end goal.

The only problem is I dont think theres much information on breeding them if there are any breeding pairs out there they will go for a ridiculous amount of money. Try getting two uveniles? or seeing if the pair will breed before I buy?(for the future) probs just gonna start with something easy to get some experience before I spend $700 alone on a pair that mught not even be for breeding.

just read something that said not many have been able to breed em... looks like something I cant do...... oh well probably wouldda been a hastle trying to find a pair that are able to breed.... got kinda excited *****

Fish Hoarder
    btkrausen is on a distinguished road
    Haha, don't give up. I would just keep an eye open for a nice pair, and who knows, maybe by the time you're an expert, they will spawn for you

hahahahahaha sureeee i can barely get my tank right let alone breeding a $10000000000 barely even been done pair of clownsss. I might try to start my own home aquaculture buisness.....? with the 330g I'm gonna have frags up the wazoo!!

Registered Member
    m and m is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Reef Keeper 18 View Post
    hahahahahaha sureeee i can barely get my tank right let alone breeding a $10000000000 barely even been done pair of clownsss. I might try to start my own home aquaculture buisness.....? with the 330g I'm gonna have frags up the wazoo!!
    IT takes a while to just into it like that. Pluse Clown breading is best done in a singled out tank where the fish basicly have nothign to do but um you know. Also there is many set ups on that section that can help you.

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
    clowns101 is on a distinguished road
    Im going to say this honestly,I dont think Latz clownfish are very rare,they an be found every where anymore.

Go with a common pair like I have said,like I have said in some things Ive wrote,breeding is like cooking(sounds funny,but its the truth).You have to get the right recipe for the fry and the parents.Without that,they will most likly die,my recipe wont be your recipe though.

Good luck....
    Theres nothing more ignorant than society

ya Idk just kinda dreeming ***** deff gonna start with an Easy pair but goal is Latz

Registered Member JasonC is on a distinguished road
    breeding these would be to cool !

However, having a Million $ worth of Clownfish and being able to sell a Million $ worth of Clownfish are two very different stories. =P

Cheap and Easy Reefer FishLipz is on a distinguished road
    They are my favorite clowns and I agree with clowns. While they were very rare commercially not long ago, they are much more common now. I believe biologist Karen Brittain from the U. of Hawaii has had the most success with captive breeding them and she is the main source for most captive bred specimens.
    << Shawn G >>

A father has pictures where his money once was. -Unknown-

Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap on a rope. -Bill Cosby-

180 Mixed reef / SWC 180 Cone / Evolution LEDs / VorTech MP40's ... Always a work in progress!

im saving up right now to buy two juvies from PIA. Would b awesome if I could get em to breed