Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCIENTIFIC NAME -Caracanthus maculatus
COMMON NAME – Gumdrop Coral Croucher, Fancy Gumdrop Coral Croucher
SIZE – 2â€
MIN. AQUARIUM SIZE – 10 gallons
FOODS AND FEEDING – Carnivore
REEF COMPATIBILITY – Yes
CAPTIVE CARE INFO – This fish does have venomous spines along their dorsal fins. Requires a 10g or larger tank, preferably with branches or places for the fish to hide in. Rarely becomes aggressive with other fish, but will fight with its own kind in a small aquarium. It is common for Gumdrop Coral Croucher to spawn in an aquarium. Caution should be exercised if the aquarium contains Acropora sp. or similar SPS corals. They will lay their eggs on the underside of the coral's branch, which will cause tissue recession in that area of the coral. It will most likely need to be fed once a day by target feeding the fish.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool fish! Where could you find one to purchase? How difficult are they? I'm wondering about keeping one in a larger aquarium.

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Love Love these fish. I had one in a 40 breeder for awhile. He was very cool to watch.
Any LFS shold be able to get them in.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of these fish… Absolutely love them. They're on my list to get again. One jumped ship, lost the other in the tank transfer.

Pseudo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a mated pair until hurricane Sandy. But my buddy still hangs on and has made it's home in my colony. Still looking for a mate for this one.

Pseudo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine swims around only at dusk and night time. But it doesn't seem to be afraid of any of the other fish in the tank and I have a few aggressive fish in there. They don't go near it.

OP
OP
Squishie89

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool fish! Where could you find one to purchase? How difficult are they? I'm wondering about keeping one in a larger aquarium.

Wow so sorry I didn't see this! I got mine (I had a pair, female died in QT) from Divers Den, they seem to get them in pretty regularly for the most part.

Do they ever come out or do they hide all the time?
They pretty much hide all the time. Mine will come out at night sometimes looking for new places to live. I can see mine 90% of the time due to where he is hiding (right next to the glass) so it also depends where they set up shop. You can usually always see their adorable pudgy faces. But they do not come out and sit like a goby or blenny might.

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had one for a couple months now. it resides under a shelf rock. i can see it if i look underneath the rock, but that is it. when i feed, it darts out and back under so quick that i can't get a glimpse of him.

beautiful fish, but i wouldn't get another. i'm not getting rid of this one, but doesn't make a good display fish, imo. i like to be able to look at the fish i have in my aquariums.

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Back