0   0   0
SCIENTIFIC NAME -Ecsenius namiyei
COMMON NAME – Namive's Blenny, Tribal Blenny or Yellowtail Black Blenny
SIZE – 4"
MIN. AQUARIUM SIZE – 30 gallons
FOODS AND FEEDING – Herbivore
REEF COMPATIBILITY – Yes
CAPTIVE CARE INFO –
Useful for controlling micro algae on live rock and corals, these reef-safe herbivores pack plenty of personality, darting from perch to perch among the rockwork. Body coloration graduates from a primarily blackish-purple body to an electric indigo and yellow-white tail.

Generally found amid crevices and rocks on the bottom of its environment, the Black Combtooth Blenny needs a tank of at least 30 gallons with plenty of scattered live rock for perching and hiding. They are generally peaceful, but may become territorial towards others within the same genus.

The diet of the Black Combtooth Blenny should include vegetable matter, including frozen and dried foods containing marine and blue-green algae. It will also feed on (and help control) algae growing in the aquarium.

OP
OP
Squishie89

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tribal Blenny, George was amazing. He got along with everyone. I could tell how he was feeling by his blue lines on his head. He loved to eat mysis. Great fish, never had any problems with him. He unfortunately perished due to cucumber toxins. He was the first fish I quarantined and he was just awesome.

Back