Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunrise Dottyback / Pseudochromis flavivertex

skinz78-albums-r2r-fish-database-dottybacks-picture16576-scan0008.jpg

SCIENTIFIC NAME - Pseudochromis flavivertex

COMMON NAME - Sunrise Dottyback

SIZE - 3.1" (8 cm)

MIN. AQUARIUM SIZE - 20 US Gal (76 L)

FOODS AND FEEDING - Meaty marine frozen and live preparations, marine fish chopped, crustacean flesh, Mysid shrimp. Feed daily.

REEF COMPATIBILITY - May eat smaller ornamental crustaceans.

CAPTIVE CARE - An excellent addition to the reef tank, will control and feed on small Mantis shrimp, small fireworms, this is a less aggressive Dottyback and is suitable for some community tank's, may tolerate closely related species, can be intimidated by larger tank mates and may hide and starve. Feed high quality and a varied diet to retain colors.

gmastr85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of these and he was a fun, curious fish and neat to watch. He would dig out sand from underneath the rocks and carve out hiding areas. Also a bit skitzy at times. However I had to get rid of him because he kept eating my small crabs and my ornamental shrimp.

mjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great little fish. Great personality. Does lots of hiding and sneaking around. Definitely a bit skittish and even agressive at times, but generally harmless. Not sure if it's gotten some peppermint shrimp or not, but it leaves the cleaner and sexy shrimp alone. Although, the sexy shrimp do spend most of their time in a bubble tip.

Make sure they are well fed as well, it seems to keep them from getting too pushy.

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible fish. Mine was aggressive towards everything. It was returned to my LFS 4 times after I tore apart my 46 to remove it.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love em. Can be so vivid in coloration, I suspect more so with a good diet. Would love to have sexy shrimp one day, so prolly not for me.

Back