Fish database threads officially opened!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
The fish database threads officially opened for posts and pic's! All of the fish have been completed to our knowledge. If you see any that we missed please post in this thread and let us know. Upon completion all of the standard threads have been opened for everyone to share their pic's and experiences with all of the fish. Please use the sticky's to easily navigate to your desired fish's thread.

We would love for you to post your experiences and pic's but there are a few types of posts that will be removed. Any unhelpful post, IE "cool fish, nice, wow, etc" will be removed. We want to keep these threads 100 percent informative and clean. Please don't post new threads asking questions about certain fish here in the fish database forum. Please feel free to post these types of threads in the Fish Discussion forum which can be found here: Fish Discussion

Any further discussion about the fish database should be done so in this thread.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Sweet! Awesome job to the mods who put this together!

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I should also add that Paul PSU deserves some credit on this because he did quite a bit of work on this that the public can't see. Thanks for the help Paul PSU and Swannyson7!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't think you guys missed a thing haha.... Congrats man and job well done that had to be a ton of work..... Thank you to every one involved in this.... Were one step further for the future generations of reefers to come...1smile1

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I think I remember doing the Jawfish but I am not certain. I'll have to look and see, I think they are ether in the Gobies section.

RDHDDRAGON

View Badges
Reaction score
Can you add Matted filefish to the filefish section? I have had a couple and would like to share experiences with them.

Thanks!

And Great job on the database!!

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just a note- I've never heard the Pseudochromis aldabraensis called the Arabian Bluelined Dottyback, I've always heard it called a Neon Dottyback.

CJ

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
What about pics? Do they have to be your own? I would mostly be able to add to the scorpion side of things. I did a write up a while back about rhinopias, but could do a few others about what I have cared for. Rhinos are the ones hard to get pics of though.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
These fish data bases are great and they should be used. I went to the LFS to purchase some fish but there was only one problem, no one knew the scientific name for any of the fish so this database was useless to me. I would recommend including the common name as well so everyone can utilize this great resource.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back