Two in Angels?

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been contemplating adding another angel, but I have been told I shouldn't. Right now I have a golden pygmy angel that I've managed to keep alive and seemingly healthy for 6 months. I would like to add either a venustus, multicolor or even just a potters. The tank is 48x24x19.5 with about 125 pounds of liverock.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would skip trying the potters --- tried it, it was awful, too similarly colored.

I did it with the venustus, both are shy angels, so that works well in their favor. The multicolor might work too (( I currently have a multicolor with a coral beauty and flame in my 65 )).

Would suggest using an acclimation box -- for up to a week -- goes a long way towards getting them to get along.

This is an older video (( lost the golden to the pink skunk clowns and their S. haddoni )), but this grouping was together for 6 months without issues. Tank was a 36" 58 gallon.

[video=youtube;_-Ma1xsjMTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Ma1xsjMTY[/video]

Triton Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree I wouldnt do a potters angel. The Venustus angle is amazing looking in real life just hard to get and a bit pricey. With a 90g tank your running tight on room also in my opinion. Good luck!

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a venustus once, but i didn't last more then a few days. I think it had to do with the way it was collected because it started swimming weird.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back