Red spot glass cardinals

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see these on Divers Den weekly... so somebody is getting them... anyone got any success stories? I know in the past they have been poor shippers but they have to be better or LA wouldn't offer them several times a week... any thoughts? ?

TurboReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried ordering them 5 times before and they never made it through shipping from the wholesaler :( Just my personal experience though lol

OP
OP
GOSKN5

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But not with divers den? I'm just thinking that they have a bunch on there daily and they sell... surely they aren't continually replacing them with customers??

jpmunoz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a group of 5 from dd a couple months ago. All five made it just fine. Within a week or so one died. The other four are doing great and good eaters. They don't school very tightly. They do eat well. Tank mates: yellow tang 5", potters angel, pair bangaii cardinals, 1 pair pearly jawfish, trio zebra dart fish (dd also) in a 210g.

OP
OP
GOSKN5

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool... I'm gonna pull the trigger I think.. I like the small tetra like fish...

jpmunoz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck. They are pretty aggressive eater - the one that died, I think he choked on a big mysid shrimp. Of course I am probably wrong, but they were all fine until I fed that night. He grabbed a mysid almost as big as himself and I remember thinking that he was an idiot for trying but he would spit it out. Sure enough next morning I found him in the current dead. I could tell it was the same one because it was the largest of the bunch. I remember reading that tight tail fins and anti social behavior preceded death in most cases, but he displayed none of that.

Pumbooris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimate them to your flow and lighting too I had some and lost two of them to my vortech and two just disappeared and I never found bodies
uploadfromtaptalk1406059392716.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1406059405163.jpg

OP
OP
GOSKN5

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a really low flow tank... it's shallow and doesn't have SPS.. hopefully that won't be an issue...

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 5 of them locally a while back. They all lived for a little over a year and a half. They spawned quite regularly although I never saw anything but the males carrying the eggs. Slowly one by one they died off. I was concerned since most all my other fish were older and doing well. I was told by several experienced hobbyist that they do not have a long life span. Not sure if that is captive or even in the wild. That was my experience. I haven't gotten any others, but they are a cool little schooling fish. JP

OP
OP
GOSKN5

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up 5 of these from divers den.. one arrived DOA, but the other 4 looked great even right out of the bag.. after acclimation they settled in and even ate tonight.... I know long term success is key, but shipping (other than DOA) went great

uploadfromtaptalk1408588619438.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back