cyst on angel ?

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Majestic Angel looks super good, eats alot, is very active. She has had Ich in the past but has over come it about 4-5 months back. Now it looks like she is growing a Cyst on her right side.
What could this be?
IMG-20140728-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20140728-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is lympbocystitis, it is caused by a viral pathogen and they are similar to warts that humans get. Try to keep the fish well fed and comfortable and it should go away on its own. Angelfish and butterflies are known to have lymphocystitis fairly commonly but it can effect all fish. Good news is that it is usually not contagious so no worries on the other fish in the tank.

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
besides being a little shy sometimes, she is in great health.
Eats all the time, interacts with the other fish in there and has 3 big caves to hide in which she peeks at me from, thinking i cant see her.
She also does not bother my Clam or Corals. I'm afraid to get another angel and it not behave as she does.

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
besides being a little shy sometimes, she is in great health.
Eats all the time, interacts with the other fish in there and has 3 big caves to hide in which she peeks at me from, thinking i cant see her.
She also does not bother my Clam or Corals. I'm afraid to get another angel and it not behave as she does.

You should be fine, just keep her well fed and happy and it almost always goes away. I have a copperband that had it pretty bad on his fins and now about 2 months later everything has cleared up and eating like a horse.

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I've got a sailfin tang that I believe has lympho. When I first got her she was in qt for 2 months with no signs of disease. Now she's in my transition tank. I had a filter issue last week that stressed out a lot of my fish and she's now showing signs of lympho. I was planning on adding her to my dt soon. It's a bigger tank and I can't leave her in the transition tank forever. What are my risks to my other fish in the dt? Should I move her now while she's still showing symptoms or wait a couple weeks until they've cleared?

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what i have been reading there is no risk to other fish. Mine has been in the DT with it since i realized it. It actually looks like it got much smaller, if it is still even there.

Back