Nano Stocking Issues

willertac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's been talk of me getting a 10 gallon nano. I already have a 55g underway, but I have no fish in mind for that if this is true.

If I do receive the small tank, the only fish on my list of fish for the 55 will be switched to the 10. I had a Pink Skunk Clown and a Firefish in mind for my 55 and I couldn't think of anything else. I thought of a Green Clown Goby for the 10 if I got it, but then I thought, why not merge the two to leave space for bigger fish in the bigger tank? I also planned to make the 55 a reef at some point, but I always had a feeling it would be to hard for me to fill up as a first saltwater tank (my first saltwater tank, but I have had experience helping out with my stepmom's and I've worked with freshwater for a large portion of my life). But if I had a smaller one, it would be easier to fill.
If I did get the 10, here's my list:
Green Clown Goby
Firefish
Pink Skunk Clown
Brittle Star
Blue Tuxedo Urchin

I don't have accurate info on tank size for the star or urchin, so if they have to be removed from my list, please advise. Also, I know that Gobies fight, and I've seen the Firefish advertised as a Goby, a Dartfish, and in its own category. Are these two an issue? Are any of these an issue?

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. All those fish will work in a 10 gallon, but if you stay on top of your water parameters you might be able to do it.

Mr. Microscope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skunk will get too big for that tank. I'd cut it out. Also, by brittle star, do you mean the little guys or the larger serpent star variety? I wouldn't mess with a serpent star in a tank that size.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back