Chromis! Who keeps them and why? What type do you have?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So who here keeps chromis? Why do you keep them? What's your favorite type? I'm thinking about adding some to my 120 because I'd like some schooling fish.

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 2 different types. Blue-green and yellow. It was some of 1st fish we added. There always swimming around and active. There's deff a ''order'' with in there little group. Don't really have a reason why but we just like them, lol I would like to add the blue ones as well.

berbotty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep them because they increase the law of probability and averages on my other fish staying alive

Mr tap water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the green ones they stick together nicely the only problem with them is that you do have to constantly replace them you never see any aggression between them but for some unknown reason every now and again one will go off in a corner and just seem to get weaker and die eventually this is a picture of mine.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406737907.481851.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406737923.353783.jpg

WindeyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 3 blue green chromis in my 40 breeder for quite a while and they are excellent little fish; very active and peaceful. I agree with SantaMonica about the feeding, mine do best being fed at least twice daily.

six2seven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had the same experience with them. they really need to be fed often

cumbeje

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got green ones like that they school.

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorites. I really like them because they don't take away attention when viewing the tank yet add a nice deal of movement.

beachsidereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 in my 200 g and really enjoy watching them school, swim around and even follow my Naso Tang and Hippo tang like some type of fish gang. For the money I think it's the best fish you can buy for a the cool schooling and high activity swimming effect and adds a lot to the tank despite there small size.

tmg1286

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three blue-green chromis. They are very active fish. I feed them twice daily i.e. once in the morning and an hour prior to lights out.

Junglebredcambofed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue/ green chromis haha cheap, active, good color, overall they add life to the tank what more do you need. I love mine and in the process of getting diff ones besides the blue/ green like the black & white and the acares midget

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still relatively new but one thing I knew I wanted was some schooling fish. I put 5 in my 120g and love them. They swim around together all day long. I enjoy watching the more than anything else. They eat the Mysis shrimp right out of the strainer before I even get them disbursed in the tank. As Flipp just commented, you gotta love those crazy little guys!!!

devinwarning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are my favorite i was just watching my chromis school literally a second ago they are probably one of my more interesting fish to watch they are extremely social especially with my cleaner shrimp for some reason i always find them swimming with the shrimp taking turns getting cleaned. I dont know why i got them i never wanted them ever for my tank but i was at the store and saw them and i decided to get two now i want more

Jaffy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had three little blue green in my 13 gal. QT for almost three weeks. They will be the first I add to my 215 display. About a week away,
Showing green color and active a lot. Will definetly wind up adding more since I enjoy their personality as a whole.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back