White tail bristletooth tang...finally

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a fish I've wanted ever since I decided to get in to the hobby. Finally after a year and a half and two other tries I have a healthy one. Got him from Pacific East Aquaculture. Highly recommend them. He's eating mysis, nori and Larry's very well. Last tank transfer tomorrow and then to my cycled QT for a couple rounds of Prazipro and observation.

Whitetail1_edited_zpsfd273a6b.jpg

Whitetail2_edited_zps23aa245d.jpg

whitetail6_edited_zpsf2a4619a.jpg

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool fish! I love the purple lips and the orange body.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang congrats I've been on hunt for one for a while now as well.

There was one on Diver's Den yesterday and there were some on another on line vendor (that I had a not so good experience with recently). Watch Pacific East. They have been getting a few fairly often lately. Never have gotten anything from them that wasn't healthy and well packaged for shipment.

This guy/gal is still transitioning to full adult colors as you can see from the residual yellow on the tail. I expect it's color will improve over the next few months. It was very fat when it arrived and has already learned to associate me with food.

F430Lou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks hog. Yeah he has changed a lot but he's not quite as pretty as your guy. Wow I love the blue lips! I can't wait for mine to get fully colored.

Back