New Purpele and Powder Blue Tangs

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a new 5+ " Purple and a 2-3" Powder blue.
This is my blue face angel I got last week.
20140901_171436.jpg

20140901_174150.jpg

20140901_174059.jpg

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a baby hippo tang also, have had her from the size of a dime and now she is like a quarter, eats alot. She is always hiding though, she will grow her hiding spot out soon though plus with the other tangs in there im betting she will come out more.
My blue face has been hiding all week because my majestic was always picking on him until now. With the big purple in there the majestic is confused and the blue face came out for a bit. That is what i was hoping, bigger fish would calm her down and it looks like it is working.

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be aware of this, but your Powder Blue Tang is awfully skinny. Is it eating? If it is eating nori, make sure you offer it several times per day. Use supplements such as Selcon to other prepared foods.

wowkingjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a purple tang for over 18 years and a blue hippo about seven months ago. There in separate tanks but I feed them Seaweed Extreme and they love it!

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked him up today from a local guy here i know for a while that sells from his garage. he has had the purple since February and the Blue for 2 months. I thought he was skinny too but he said he does eat and he had a yellow with him that was a bully.
Either way i put him into mine today after acclimating and put a nori sheet in, he went in after about 30 mins of exploring.
The purple went nuts on the sheet and i had to put in a 2nd but the powder blue got some of both sheets and some that went floating when the purple went nuts.
Hes not shy so I am sure he will get enough. But yes I agree it looks a little on the skinny side.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back