Heniochus diphreutes long term?

skiwez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Has anyone kept a Heniochus diphreutes long term in a mixed reef? I've read several posts that they are reef safe, but have not read anyone keeping them long term. I have 225 with the beginings of a mixed reef. I have more of a preference for LPS and soft corals, and may dabble alittle with monti's and some of the easier to keep acros.

Please share your experiences good or bad if you have kept them.

Thanks

kpiotrowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two Heniochus for a year, one diphreutes...and come to fine out after they grew a bit one acumintata. BOTH pick at clams and euphillia....but I also have no aiptasia in any place they can get to but have in places they can not. the tend to loose interest after a while in new coral and have several wall hammers and frogspawn that have made it thus far, but lost a large elagance and traded clams as they would not stop picking at them.

My thoughts are a butterfly fish is a butterfly fish and they will do what they will do.

OP
OP
S

skiwez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. At this point I'm undecided about clams. Keeping my fingers crossed that my acans and zoa's will be OK. I feed pretty heavily, so I'm hoping that helps also. Starting to get a couple of aptasia, so if they help with that I'd be a happy camper.

Did they grow quickly? The couple of posts I was able to dig up mentioned that they grew quickly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back