Gem and Black tangs eating with friends

Captain Billy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just wanted to poke into the fish forum and share a couple videos of my fish! Thanks for watching!

[video=youtube;AvgTA6c4NlM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvgTA6c4NlM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;9gQiYgPC8Vw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gQiYgPC8Vw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Captain Billy

Captain Billy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is about a year and a half old, but could be much better if I wasn't battling dinoflagellates for the past year. Finally getting the upper hand on them.

Thanks Zach! The Watanabei's are amongst my favorite fish. The males can be so hard to get established but mine eats flakes, algae, just about anything!

FLipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotta love those two! where did you get the gem?

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow those look like some healthy fish! Love the diversity. Black Tang is definitely my dream-fish!

In the first video what is the acro in the back center?

Is that just nori you're feeding them?

OP
OP
Captain Billy

Captain Billy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Gem from Victor at World Wide Corals about a year and a half ago. Very few places would I trust to get me a healthy fish of this value.

This was the day I got him still in the bucket, I wish there was some perspective so I could show how much he has grown. Overall he has been a pretty easy fish to keep. At the end of the day, it's still a zebrasoma tang.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412092936.988837.jpg

I feed them algae sheets from Two Little Fishies and Ocean Nutrition. Purple, green, red, and brown make up the rotating menu. I also feed numerous different flake foods and occasionally PE mysis.

As for the acropora, it was given to me as a highlighter acro many years ago, but I'm unsure of the species. It has thick, smooth branches with fairly large polyps. It's neon green and a very easy acro to grow, although it grows slowly. I have an equally large colony in my frag tank that I'm going to make some frags from soon.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back