Wrasse quarantine

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found out a few days ago that my 180 has ich....no fish ever showed signs for the last year or so until I introduced my Dussumieri tang which was quarantined for about 6 weeks and never showed signs of ich at all. So that being said I am completely breaking down my tank and killing the rock and sand. All of the fish are going to be quarantined again, however I am unsure how to best go about quarantining my Checkerboard Wrasse since he buries. He shows no signs of ich currently, but I don't know if I need to use copper in his quarantine since he will need sand. Then sand will come from a fresh bag of dry sand and not the main tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a tupperware bowl or some kind of dish to hold the sand. Just QT and medicate like you would the other fish.

OP
OP
Friday24

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tupperware bowl I get, my concern is that I would be forced to treat with copper to stop the life cycle, correct?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to cook your rock and break down your tank. Just leaving your tank fallow of fish for 12 weeks will take care of things. Good luck!

OP
OP
Friday24

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cooking the rock is partially because they seem to be leaching phosphate, plus the wife wants to redo the rock

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back