how to catch a wrasse

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a fish trap or you will have to remove all live rock in order to catch him.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traps are great for aggressive fish. I had a blue flanked fairy wrasse I was giving to a friend. Caught him pretty easily but just before my friend was coming over to get him he jumped out of the trap and back in the tank. I reset the trap and started to text my buddy and looked up to seem him back in the trap. Closed the door to the trap and put down my phone. LOL

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually the inverted bottle traps work well on sixlines; put something meaty inside

bottletrap.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
6line.jpg

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be very careful not to stress them to much. I had had it with a tomato clown and a damsel. I took most of my rock out and chased the fish around. Then stuck them in my sump and offered them up for free. I had a reply in ten minutes and someone at my house in less than a hour. I then chased them a bit around my sump. The tomato ended up dying before he got to his new home. I should have waited a day or 3 and let the fish calm down

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had any luck with bottle traps. I bought the aqua medic fish trap and it works awesome. I had to remove a pair of clowns and it took me less than an hour. Every single fish wandered into it at some point. I could have removed any fish in my tank.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a fish trap and put an extra 6 line in it. Divide it so the extra 6 line cant get out - I use a deli cup with the bottom replaced with screen and then taped into place after the extra wrasse is in there. Cover the trap with electrical tape so that the only place the they can see each other would be from inside the trap. Put trap in tank and catch 6 line within minutes.

Dannyboy402

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept mine until I upgraded my tank and then took him out. Surprisingly I only had like 5 bristle worms in a 90 gallon system....

schneid0c

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine had a rock cave he slept in every night so iwaited till the lights went out and he went into his cave. luckly the rock was on top so i just pulled the whole rock out of the tank. i will probably never buy another one of these it was a good fish and took care off a flat worm problem but was very aggressive towards other fish.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back