Thalassoma hardwicke.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting a hardwicke wrasse for my 120.
If I end up getting one I'll add it last to try to reduce any aggression issues. The confirmed tanks mates are a snowflake eel and a valentini puffer and the planned tank mates are a couple of fuzzy dwarf lions, a foxface and a yellow eyed kole tang. So they're all fish that can either hold their own or (hopefully) not get picked on.
I understand any of the Thalassoma wrasses can be trouble, but I am hoping someone here has first hand experience with this particular species they could share.
Does anyone have any tips/suggestions? Especially advice on aggression.
I haven't had any wrasses in my personal tanks before, so I'm unsure what to expect.
Thanks in advance!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the fish you have listed and when added last the hardwicke should be fine. IME the hardwicke is a little less aggressive than some of the other commonly available Thalasomma wrasses. It is a very active and very hardy fish.

OP
OP
tyler1503

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I think I've planned the fish list well. A little more research is necessary though. Thanks for the input.
I saw them in the wild at the ribbon reef in the Great Barrier Reef. The colour of the ones we see in the hobby are bland compared to their wild counterparts. I'm hoping if I get one, I can colour it almost up like a wild specimen.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back