Darn flame angel!

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want acans and scolys and blastos and clams, but instead I have a really nippy flame angel.

And that's not gonna stay that way! How do you get it out, I'm thinking of making a minnow trap out of a 2L pop bottle.
But are there easier methods, please, I want a clam ;_;

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start feading with a net eventually he will swim right in to get the food and wammo youll have your fish

carl page

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope that works better then trying to catch Damsels... Those devils....lol

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've caught every fish I've wanted with that method but mine aren't shy when it comes to feeding. Bunch of fattys over here in my tank. I had a juvenile Angel once I had to bend net handle over and hang off brace leave it in for a couple days only removing to put food in and eventually on day four or so it went in as soon as I put it in with food and wammo got that bugger

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any luck with the net method. I built a small acrylic trap with a sliding door. You throw some food in there, wait for him to swim in, and release the door. I have caught several fish this way.

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i caught my flame angel 3 weeks ago and returned it for a much nicer midas blenny lol. i used a big net about 2 feet by 1&1/2 feet. i put the net in the tank before the lights came on, so it was in there about 4 hours before i tried to actually use it. I noticed he kept going into this same corner where i can at least trap him in that corner. About 30 minutes of very patiently waiting for him to get in the right spot i spun the net 90 degrees and he swam right into it. It was a monofilement net or w/e. The one i used is actually designed for catching tropical fish in the wild. The opening is the 2 feet by 1&1/2 feet, it then drops in size to about 3 inches by 3 inches and goes back like a stocking about 2 feet. The design is so that the fish swims in the net and goes all the way through it and then they get stuck.... GOOD LUCK !!

Back