Naso Tang Help

00Wes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Naso which I have had for a little while now has developed black marks around his face. He looks to be healthy and eats a ton! Water levels are good besides Nitrate being at 25ppm. Any ideas what it is or is it normal
image.jpg
?

OP
OP

00Wes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No other symptoms, he did stop eating Mysis but eats A ton of Nori
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP

00Wes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No corals its a FOWLR for for now. If it is Black Ich what is the treatment w/o QT

OP
OP

00Wes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a yellow tang in the tank and a foxface along with a few smaller fish but none show any signs of this. Is it something that others would show signs of?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say they are just dig marks form getting into the rocks, I see it all the time on my Tangs.
Doesn't look like ICH, or Black Ich, its not raised at all, and only around the face, where they would smakc it against when looking in the rocks.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not entirely sure this is black ich either, but you could treat him in QT with Prazipro to see if it effects the symptoms. Prazi is effective against most worms, including black ich. Prazi is also "reef safe" except for tube worms/feather dusters/bristleworms, but I only advocate using meds in the DT as a last resort.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just doesn't appear to be ICH to me, never seen ich just on one place on a fish like that before. Looks like Lymphocysts on his fins, im going with malnutrition. I'd leave him be, and feed him well, bet that alone will work magic.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 60 50.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 65 54.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.6%

Back