My yellow watchman gobby and his buddy

Cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice

I have 2 gobbys that share the same pistal shrimp but not at the same time :bigsmile:

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my lfs has a gobby and pistol shrimp pair. I don't remember which gobby but i am pretty sure it was a tiger shrimp. anyway, my question is that will the gobby or shrimp kill and eat my other inverts, worms, or pods? how about corals, especially zoanthids. will they munch on or destroy them? I was at the lfs and was watching them. I saw the shrimp drag what looked like a hermit crab into the hole. I told the owner of the store who was standing next to me and he went in and lifted the rock up and found a lot of shells in there. he seems to think it was probably an empty shell and the shrimp uses them to shore up his cave. I was pretty sure there was a hermit crab in it. anyway my concern is them decimating my clean up crew of snails and crabs, or eating all my worms, I have a lot of spaghetti worms and bristle worms, pods, and other creatures that i have painstakingluy introduced and cultivated into my 150 gal system. one time I bought a 6 line wrasse at the suggestion of the lfs and all of a sudden I didn't have any more worms or pods, it took me a while to notice and figure out. anyway, that was a costly mistake, wouldn't want to happen again. and then I had the tangs with bad behavior who tore up my tank eating all the zoanthids.
can anybody give me insight on the eating and hunting habits of the shrimp and gobby pair? again I don't know which gobby but the lfs said it was not a sand sifting one.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%
Back