More Wrasses Please!

Riddler05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

So I have added a couple of wrasses to my tank and I have really fallen in love with them. I am looking to add a few more to the tank however I am worried about compatibility issues. So far I have two clown fish, a banggi cardinalfish, a watchman goby, a Hoven's wrasse, a checkerboard wrasse, and a baby snowflake eel (smaller then a pencil). All of my fish are aggressive eaters so any new fish would have to be bold enough to compete for food. The tank is fed pellets twice a day, the eel is fed freeze dried krill once a day, and one anemone a day is fed a piece of krill (I have 5 anemones so each one gets fed once a week). The tank is a 90 gallon mixed reef with soft, LPS, and SPS corals.

I am not a big fan of the flasher wrasses and I tend to like active wrasses with contrasting colors like the Hoven's and checkerboard wrasse. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for other wrasses that would be compatible with the fish I already have.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont mention tank size, this affects adding wrasses, but assuming your tank is large enough, many of the fairy, flasher, and Halichoeres spescies would work. The 2 species you have may or may not like a new wrasse addition. Using a social acclimation box can greatly ease any of the complications encountered when adding a new wrasse to established ones.

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont mention tank size, this affects adding wrasses, but assuming your tank is large enough, many of the fairy, flasher, and Halichoeres spescies would work. The 2 species you have may or may not like a new wrasse addition. Using a social acclimation box can greatly ease any of the complications encountered when adding a new wrasse to established ones.

OP said it was a 90. So your suggestions are still valid :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back