What tangs are compatible with a Bristle tooth Tang?

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just upgraded my frag system to a 75 drilled system, I have a bristle-tooth in it now, but would like to add another tang. It would be on the small side and eventually would be moved into the DT,

What are good tank mates?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them in my 80G with a Hippo tang pair and they did fine. Then in my 150 G with a Hippo pair, yellow pair and a purple and they did fine.
In my current tank 400G DT I have a yellow eye with a very large Hippo, a yellow tang pair, purple and Naso pair. it went in just before the Nasos and was disregarded by all the tangs although it was way smaller than all. weirdly its a bit more aggressive than all my previous bristle tooths attacking many other fish (anthias, Copperband...) yet nothing serious a couple of charges here and there and not that frequently. He's kept very well in check by the dominant Hippo. Very nice fish super active and great cleanup services!!! I will be adding a second yellow eye and an Achilles.
What size is the DT and whats the fish list there?

Last edited:

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Lemonpeel Mimic Tang to my 120gal system that already housed a Kole Tang.
The Kole Tang showed mild aggression for about a day; but nothing too serious. The two tangs have been fine with each other for the past two years.

If you want to expand from the tang family, a foxface/rabbitfish will do well also.
I also have a One-spot Foxface and a Scribbled Rabbitfish that get along well with the two tangs.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back