Getting coral beauty angel to eat

Foskett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I've had my coral beauty angel for 7 days now and it is currently in quarantine. I tried feeding her nori soaked in garlic but she couldn't be less interested In it. She was swimming around though like he was hungry peeking and the glass and on the heater. I have also tried nls pellets which she takes into her mouth then spits back out. I bought some ocean nutrition Pygmy angel formula today so hopefully she likes that. Any other ideas of what could get her to eat? I'll be buying some mysis most likely tomorrow to try if she isn't interested in the Pygmy angel formula

OP
OP
F

Foskett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to put in half a cube of ocean nutrition Pygmy angel formula and to my surprise I think she rather enjoyed it. At first she took a few pecks at it then she started really going at the cube ripping it apart. I did notice that she seemed to prefer the smaller floating pieces of the food then the big block she'd go for every floating bit taking it in then spitting it out. I'm guessing to make the bits smaller hopefully she did eat it which I'm presuming so as there's hardly any left. Also to my surprise I believe she may of eaten a few nls pellets

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to put the cube in a small cup of tank water and let it break a part before adding to the tank. With only one fish you do not need to add a whole cube to the tank,

OP
OP
F

Foskett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to put the cube in a small cup of tank water and let it break a part before adding to the tank. With only one fish you do not need to add a whole cube to the tank,

Oh j normally do this but I thought I read do not thaw on the box.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back