Quarantine Tank to Display tank- How to?!

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my question is if you have a fish that is ready to go to your display tank leaving the QT what exactly is the process? Can you just net the fish out, do you have to acclimate them again?! If so how?!

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience as long as you match temperature and salinity, the new fish goes in right before lights out. Never had an issue doing this.s I never use a net though. My QT is right behind my tank. Either use a plastic cup or more likely just use my wet hand and toss him in. I believe it is less stressful than using a net.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^this. Never had a issue either. If the fish is healthy, then it will handle the tank change fine.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience as long as you match temperature and salinity, the new fish goes in right before lights out. Never had an issue doing this.s I never use a net though. My QT is right behind my tank. Either use a plastic cup or more likely just use my wet hand and toss him in. I believe it is less stressful than using a net.

^^This. Except I use a square colander for transport (see below).
19817318939533p

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While in QT I will start the tank parameters off to match the bag the fish arrives in and then slowly bring it to match the DT during the QT process, makes acclimation a very short process.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back