Looking for temperate fish, catalina gobies etc

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I need some help finding someone to supply me a list of fish I want for a temperate aquarium. I've asked around and not getting a lot of support. So wondered if someone knew a California supplier who could fit me up.
I want a few other fish as well as catalinas, all of them from the Gulf of California.
Any tips on where to look or who to ask? Yes, I have asked Cold Water Marine, no response.
Would need to get them shipped to Buffalo.

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try emailing them at [email protected].

The Gulf of California is in Mexico and more tropical then the west side of Baja, which I think is what you want. The Gulf of California is also known as the Sea of Cortez. That might help in your search. A local petshop might be able to order it for you. I will also PM you someone that should be able to help you out. If you are looking for fish ideas dive sites and diver fish id cards might give you some ideas. Catalina Island and Baja Mexico are both popular dive spots in the Catalina Gobies range.

Post pictures once you get everything. I think biotopes tanks are awesome.

OP
OP
crayon

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, a blue spot jaw fish is on my list, as well as a carmine triple fin and gulf signal blenny. Will post when I find the fish. I have been asking all my local contacts and so far have struck out. Blue spot jaw fish are also now coming from the carribean so it's important to make sure these are actually the temperate fish, not tropical.
Thanks for the info on Gulf of Califronia, geography is not my strong suit. But I have been able to confirm that these fish are all from the gulf. However, any other info you might have can help, too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back